Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:03:19 -0400
From:      Chris Forgeron <cforgeron@acsi.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ZFS - hot spares : automatic or not?

I think we'd be happy with whatever solution someone was kind enough to donate the time towards.

Although, stripping the Solaris FMD stuff down to just the ZFS parts would help keep Solaris/FreeBSD a bit closer in their ZFS implementations, which is of arguable importance, but I do like standardization. Eventually porting more of the FMD may be really useful, Solaris has a lot of very handy things in it that impress me.

..then again I'm not volunteering the time to do it, so I don't have much say. :-)