Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2019 22:55:32 +0200
From:      Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: autobooting FreeBSD on Black Bird

> On 6. Jul 2019, at 22:36, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 10:05:54PM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:
>> I didn't download the image on the host, but on a separate computer
>> and then created a USB stick. However, this didn't work since I could
>> not get USB to work.
>
> Hmm, it worked for me (using the back panel USB).
Tried both of them. But I couldn't see any bootable device.
Would a keyboard work in combination with petitboot using a monitor.
I also tried that and it didn't work.
Since USB also doesn't work with FreeBSD, I'm not sure if I'm doing
anything wrong.

Can you see USB devices from FreeBSD?

> Did you download the .iso?  You should; I have heard that the .img file
> does not function.
Yes, I used the .iso.

Best regards
Michael