Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:15:24 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using two NCR 53C825 controllers blows up?

In a Pent-133 I am trying to install with two of these NCR
controllers in it, there are two disks per controller.

When I boot off the floppy, the disks are numbered one way
(sd0 thru sd3). Install proceeds happily.

Wben I boot off the installed operating system, the controller
cards suddenly switch roles, causing sd0 to become sd2, and
causing a panic("cannot mount root");.

Now I know this is something stupid. It's either me, or the
driver. What am I doing wrong? What is it doing wrong?
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

The king arrived at the resturant where Nasrudin had been left in charge. The
king ordered an omelette. After his meal, when he saw the check he raised
his eyebrows. "Eggs must be very costly here. Are they as scarce as that?"
     "It is not the eggs, your majesty...it is the visits of kings."