Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2013 15:44:34 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU clock rate

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 15:33:53 +0200, Eduardo Morras wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:13:08 +0200
> Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Do we have something in FreeBSD or its ports to measure the actual CPU
> > clock rate? Thanks
> >
> > 	matthias
>
> Just check sysctl,
>
> %sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq
>
> From ports I use conky, that shows that info and a lot other under X11.

If you're interested in a X CPU frequency and CPU utilization
monitor (no bloat), comparable to xload and xmbmon, try this:

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/FreeBSD/ports/xcpufreq.tgz

Example:

xcpufreq -geometry 189x164+151+826 -cpuscalecolor grey -freqscalecolor grey -scales 6 -update 1 -jumpscroll 1 &

You could also examine how the kernel generates its CPU
identification message found on top of dmesg output:

/usr/src/sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c

Start looking from line 630.

--
Polytropon