Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:39:57 +0200
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@hadiko.de>
To:        Greg Smith <freebsd_mail@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solved! [was: Re: (Perhaps) new Intel ICH sound issue]

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

Yoh,

okay, it was by far easier than I first thought.

Obviously some notebook manufacurers think they should not follow such
de-facto standards like assigning irq 4 to a serial port.
So the whole thing is to kill the line starting with

device		sio0 ...

from the kernel config file and change sio1 to sio0.

As the result, both sio0 and pcm0 are recognized well.
(though I'm unable to test sio0 at the moment because of the lack of a
port replicator...)

Thank you all!

Riggs

--=20
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.
--- And what happened?" pressed Ford.
---- "It committed suicide." said Marvin.

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--