Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:50:27 -0400
From:      "Matt White" <mwhite@donet.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Still Camera?

Hello!

Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but I figured it was
worth a shot. =)

Is there an easy way to hook a camera (USB?) to a -STABLE box, for the
purpose of a webcam?  Color is preferred, but grayscale will do.

How it would work the best: A command line program that simply grabs an
image either dumps it to a file, or sends it back in a stream... then I
could write a perl script to grab an image and display it on command when
someone wants to see the webcam's image.

This doesn't sound that hard, but I'm not sure if there's driver support for
it or not.

I don't own anything at the moment, so I'd have to buy anything that will
work. (So price matters, to a point.)

Thanks,
Matt