Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:03:03 -0500
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GCC 3.2.2 import -- questions

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:44:33PM -0500, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> that are supposedly fixed with 3.2.2... My question is, should I consider
> rebuilding my ports with this new compiler because of stability and/or
> speed improvements? Or is this point release not worth the effort.

Speed improvements?  No.  gcc 3.2.2 is definitely slower than gcc 2.95.
There is a lot of arguing on the gcc mailing list right now about this,
but no concrete action to improve the situation yet.

Stability improvements?  For a list of bug fixes see:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/changes.html

and decide for yourself.

--
Craig Rodrigues