Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 15:01:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xl0: command never completed!

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

!>
!>Morning all...
!>
!>	On a 3.3-STABLE machine, being used as a Squid server, I'm getting
!>a pretty continuous stream of teh following message to /var/log/messages:
!>
!>Oct 16 14:21:01 demeter /kernel: xl0: command never completed!
!>
!>	Not including the "last message repeated # times" messages, I've
!>got 68 of them in the last 9hrs or so...
!>

	It appears that the xl_wait() function loops XL_TIMEOUT times if it
cannot confirm that XL_STAT_CMDBUSY has been unset.
	If the 'command busy' bit is still set after this, that is, if the
'for' loop has gone around XL_TIMEOUT times, then that message is printed.
	Although I'm not near certain, you _may_ want to try incresing
XL_TIMEOUT (see if_xlreg.h) and seeing what you get.

Regards,
Bosko.

--
 Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>