Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:57:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tenebrae <tenebrae@niceboots.com>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up, a bit:  ephemeral port range changes

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Erik Trulsson wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:35:55PM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:31:20PM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > > Far more sweeping changes have been made to -stable in the past.
> >
> > Of course.  But this particular change is gratuitous.  Do not merge it
> > to -STABLE, please.  Instead, wait for 4.6.  What's the hurry?
>
> To me it sounds like a much better idea to MFC it now than just before
> a release.  If it is merged now then there is plenty of time to find
> and fix any problems that might pop up.  Right before a release is not
> the time to do that.

<rest of message snipped for brevity - look it up in archives if you want>

That's exactly what I was thinking, and I'm a perpetual newbie.
Heads-up is being posted to the stable mailing list, /usr/src/UPDATING is
being modified, and it gets to be tested before being sprung upon
-RELEASE.  It seems responsible to me.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.