Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 12:20:13 +1000
From:      "Andrew" <mynet@uq.net.au>
To:        "Alex Heiphetz" <heiphetz@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 100% dependability/failsafe/security/hardware

One solution would be to use 2 machines as servers
and have a 3rd machine acting as a firewall that forwards
requests to the servers and spreads the load. There is
software available that can tell if one machine is down and then just
forwards
the requests to the machine/s that are working. This setup should
be great for your requirements as you have security and redundancy . The
only
problem I can see is what if the firewall dies. In that case I guess you
could have
another firewall machine that pings the first one and if it cant ping it
then it changes IP's
and becomes the firewall?

Hope this helps

Andrew