Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:30:32 +0100
From:      orm.hager@sercon.de
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad R50 Installation + Wireless

Hello,
I installed 4.9 STABLE successfully.

Now I felt the wish to use the wireless adapter of this Thinkpad R50
(this is a Intel Centrino).

This should be possible with NDIS, and so I tried to install 5.2 (as well
as 5.1
and 5.2.1) from CDs I already used to install desktop systems.

I get the boot menu, where I can choose to disable APCI etc..
Regardless of my choice, after a short while the system crashes into
an automatic reboot.

With all these versions I get a
"Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode" when booting from CD.
Looks like cardbus?
"Current process:    = 24 (irq 11: cbb0 fwohci*)"

So I need to circumvent this stage while booting from CD
or
get my wireless running with NDIS on 4.9.

Any ideas?

All comments are highly appreciated!

Thank you,
---Orm