Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:16:26 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan k8sr lockups

On Mar 31, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Gary Mu1der wrote:

> Well I can just now reliably hang (no panic, have to reset) my shiny
> new AMD64 dual processor box (2 x Opteron 246, Tyan Thunder K8S PRO,
> 6GB, Adaptec 2200S) with a simple dd of /dev/mem:

if you've got > 4GB ram, you pretty much *must* run something newer
than 5.3-REL.  Try bringing it up to 5_STABLE cvs branch and see if you
can still lock it up.

I don't have my spare machine at the moment to test this theory out, or
I would...  rather not lockup the production box more often than it
does by itself :-(

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806