Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 14:57:37 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Working (apparently) soft-update code available.

> On %M 0, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com> wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/softupdates4.tgz
> > first extract the README and read it before extracting everything.
> > this should patch cleanly against last night's -current.

On %M 0, brian@worldcontrol.com wrote:

I successfully did a make world the other day on my SMP 2xPP150 system
with 64MB and adaptec 2940 with soft-updates enabled on /usr/src and
/usr/obj.

I completed a buildworld last night.

I've put the system into a loop 'make world' with both /usr (/var/tmp
and most of the OS) and /uss (where /usr/src and /usr/obj) both
configed for softupdates.

Regretably the hard disk on the system is slow, so the times are
not that impressive, but it has been quite stable. (knock, knock)

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>