Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 23:23:04 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: analyzing a crash of 3.2-RELEASE

> >This looks like a race in the route handling code that was fixed a
> >while back; you can either disable path MTU discovery (which prevents
> >the massive routing table growth that you may also see in your
> >application) or update to 3.2-stable in which I _believe_ that this has
>
>    Why would disabling PMTUD have any affect on that? The clone routes should
> still be created just as before.

They should?  It was my understanding that the clone routes were only
created in order to hold the PMTU information as required.

If not, then I guess we still have a race somewhere in the route
manipulation code, unless this is fixed as a side-effect of rev 1.18 of
radix.c.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org