Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:56:59 -0600
From:      Eric Timme <timothy@voidnet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata33 vs others?

After wrestling with an 80gb hd and an Abit BX6-R2 for an afternoon and being
pleasantly surprised that Abit's last bios release would allow my board to
detect and use an 80gb hd I came to the sad realization that the computer
only supported ata33.

I was just wondering if the performance difference on a p2-400 would warrant
me trying to find a controller card that can handle ata100/133, and if so,
how hard it'd be to get the motherboard to utilize harddrives connected up to
said controller card?  Also, it isn't a FreeBSD matter, but would it be hard
to get the card to work with such an old board?

Thanks,
Eric