Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 95 18:15:46 +0100
From:      David Hedley <hedley@cs.bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Swap questions...

Hi, I have just installed FreeBSD on an old 486 for evaluation purposes (I
currently administer 10 Linux based PCs), and have a couple of questions:

Making more swap space: Is there an equivalent program to Linux's 'mkswap'
for making a new swap partition/swap file? and is it actually possible to
use a swap file instead of a swap partition? I'm sure I remember reading
somewhere that it was possible, but I can't find a program which will do
this.

cheers

David
--