Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:16:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update of port of print/gv

On 11 Nov 1999, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
>
>  * Please submit a PR agaist libXaw3d.  At the moment it is the port in
>  * error.  After it is fixed, gv will then be in error.  Acutally the person
>  * that fixes libXaw3d is suppose to fix all the ports that depend on it.
>
> Are you sure?  It seems to me that libXaw3d is still at 6.  (At least
> the packages are building with 6....)

Sorry about that last cut-off post.  Try deinstalling Xaw3d and then
rebuilding.  It is creating a file called libXaw3d.so.7 instead of
libXaw3d.so.6*.  Why exactly, I don't know, but it's doing it on my
machine.  Of course, I just cvsup'ed the ports collection, so I'm up to
date there.  Here is a sample output:

root@lcm202 Xaw3d# make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for Xaw3d-1.5
pkg_delete: file `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.so.6' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)

It can't find the file because it is /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.so.7 that is
being created by the Xaw3d port.  Of course, maybe there's a bug in
-current somewhere that's causing some errors to trickle down someplace.

- Donn