Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 17:29:12 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        bvn003@dog.he.boeing.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation questions

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Steve Blair wrote:

> Hello:
>
> 	I purchased Free BSD 2.1 to install on a new Gateway
>  pentium pc. I have to CD from Walnut Creek in my ATAPI CD
>  drive. Prior to this I copied the boot.flp from the CD to a
>  floppy on my other PC that is running windows 95. When I
>  attempt to boot from this floopy the PC complains that the
>  floppy is not bootable. Am I approaching this correctly?
>  There isn't an atapi.flp file on the CD as the documentation
>  suggests, could this be the problem?

First, it seems you've got 2.1.5 and not 2.1 (which is logical if you got
the CD's lately). In that case, you don't need atapi.flp, boot.flp should
be fine. However, you need to use the rawrite program (it's in the \tools
directory on the CD) to create the bootable floppy, not the DOS/Win95
copy command.

If you're still having trouble with it, try using rawrite under DOS (not
Win95). While it works under Win95 for me, there are reports of it
breaking under Win95.

>  Thanks, Steve Blair

Nadav