Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:14:39 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tape changer, but not tape drive

Dan Langille wrote:
> I've added a DLT tape library to a system that already had a DLT tape
> drive.
>
> The problem: dmesg shows only one tape drive, the original.  The tape
> library's tape drive is not showing up.

Years back I heard over lunch (never saw it) of some tape carousels
(DAT) that had both a scsi & serial interface. SCSI for data flow,
serial for media selection. Might your selector have another interface
that needs connecting & probing ?

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam.