Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 18:21:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        pgiffuni@biblioteca.campus.unal.edu.co (Pedro Giffuni)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP !!!!!!

> I ran sysinstall to add the exportable kerberos and DES stuff. I added
> some few other things, and rebooted.
> After reboot fbsd doesn`t accept anybodies password. I was trying to run
> the fixit floppy but I don't have any idea how it works.
> What can I do?

8-).

Your root password is probably an MD5 string and your authentication
is being done via DES.

You will need to boot single user and set a new root password -- which
will be DES this time.

Then you can login as root and reset the password on your other user
accounts.

If you were running -current, it automatically adjusts for MD5 or
DES passwords in the password file.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---