Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 16:32:37 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        ptacek@pond.net
Cc:        tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbusified rp driver

On Thu, 11 May 2000 06:55:48 -0700 (PDT),
  Chris Ptacek <ptacek@pond.net> said:

Chris> I am currently working on a program to download the microcode into
Chris> the RocketModem2 cards.  One thing I noticed is that the RocketPort
Chris> driver defaults the cards to 8 lines, I put in a small fix and since
Chris> you were already updating it I though you might want to include it.

They used to call sReadAiopNumChan() to count the number of channels
on an aiop. Maybe we can revert to it for an unknown PCI ID, but
sReadAiopNumChan() seems to freeze my box every now and then during
configuration.

Chris> In the sPCIInitController function in the switch(VendorDevice) I
Chris> added RP_DEVICE_ID_6M and RP_DEVICE_ID_4M 0x000C and 0x000D
Chris> respectivly, and added the defines to the rpreg.h file.  Note this
Chris> really on means the correct number of lines will be reported, but
Chris> I think it is really the only change needed.

Thanks, the updated patch is now at the same URI as the one announced
in my first mail.

Actually, I have tested my driver with only one PCI card. The ISA part
of the driver is not tested.

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> <tanimura@FreeBSD.org>