Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:01:52 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB uaudio soundcards question

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:08:45 +0200 (CEST)
Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
wrote:

> Can anyone say anything about available external USB-connected
> soundcards, like whether I can expect them to appear as a normal
> uaudio device, or whether they require proprietary protocols and/or
> firmware that would prevent them from working normally under a
> Real Operating System?

This is not really what your'e asking, but anyway.
The only USB audio (uaudio) device that I have are a pair of speakers,
model J1116U made by jazzspeakers.com, which I also couldn't resist
because the price was so low.
The last time I tried them, i hade FreeBSD 5.2.1-release on my box. Back
then, uaudio devices (at least the combination of my usb cntroller and
my device) had problems with "stuttering" playback, soi the speakers
were put aside.

Nowadays, this machine is running 5.3-stable, so perhaps I should test
the speakers again.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,