Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:07:34 +0200
From:      "Vitaliy Vladimirovich" <artemrts@ukr.net>
To:        "Mark Pagulayan" <m.pagulayan@auckland.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF Performance on FreeBSD 6.2 Release

--- Original Message --- From: "Mark Pagulayan" To: Date: 18 january, 02:57:30 Subject: PF Performance on FreeBSD 6.2 Release > Hi All, > > > > We are planning to upgrade our old Firewall ( PF) boxes which runs on > OpenBSD 4.0 to run OpenBSD 4.2 because of the improvements being done > on the PF. > > > > I tried to install OpenBSD 4.2 on our new hardware, IBM x3655 with an > IBM ServeRaid 8K controller, but unfortunately OpenBSD 4.2 does not have > driver support for the IBM ServeRaid 8k controller. I found by looking > on the internet that FreeBSD supports IBM ServeRaid 8k. > > > > My question is, is the PF in the OpenBSD4.2 the same as the current PF > in FreeBSD 6.2? From FreeBSD Handbook: Warning: When browsing the pf user's guide, please keep in mind that different versions of FreeBSD contain different versions of pf. The pf firewall in FreeBSD 5.X is at the level of OpenBSD version 3.5 and in FreeBSD 6.X is at the level of OpenBSD version 3.7. Vit.