Date:      Fri,  5 May 2000 12:43:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworlds dying on -current / alpha

 On a similar note I've had Samba kill my alpha after getting a slew of
out of filedescriptor errors.  looking like this:

file: table is full
.
.
.
file: table is full

fatal kernel trap:

    trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
    a0         = 0x0
    a1         = 0x1
    a2         = 0x0
    pc         = 0xfffffc00005074a0
    ra         = 0xfffffc00003e6c00
    curproc    = 0xfffffe0007505540
        pid = 267, comm = smbd

panic: trap

  This always happened around 4am when I'm sure some machine may have
been trying to run a search engine through my server.
  Been sitting on this one for a few days waiting for some free time,
but it may be related.