Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:46:22 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: thinkpad t40 4.0-stable won't resume

> From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:38:05 -0800
>
> > This sounds suspiciously like a problem that has cropped up in CURRENT
> > with ATAng. It looks like an interrupt is lost on resume. If I have a
> > single disk on the system, it hangs resetting that disk. If I have two
> > disks, it hangs on the second one. Either way, it never returns from
> > suspend.
>
> this describes the symptom exactly
>
> > On CURRENT, this only seems to show up with ACPI, but I don't think you
> > are using ACPI on your system from the dmesg.
>
> nope, -stable

Yes, I know, but ACPI is now available in -stable. It need only be added
to the kernel configuration (device acpi) and I was not absolutely sure
that you were not using it.

It's very disturbing to see this show up in stable with APM. You might
want to try dropping a note to sos about it. He does not usually monitor
freebsd-stable.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)