Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:24:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Kingson Gunawan <kingson@excite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Subject:   Re: Help needed with DPT card + Asus M/B

On 25-Feb-98 Kingson Gunawan wrote:

> 1.  Disabling both L? caches
> 2.  Disabling anything in the BIOS such as PS/2 mouse function, etc.
> 3.  Assigning specific IRQ in the BIOS to my ISA card (although it is a
> PnP SB16 card).
> 4.  Removing all cards other than the DPT and video card.
> 5.  Moving DPT around to different slots.
> 6.  Changing the m/b with another unit of the same made and model.
> 7.  Compile the kernel with a number of DPT options on/off.

The only thing (and it probably will not help, is to play with shadow
memory setting in the 640K-1024K no-man-land of memory.

> DPT and Asus board simply won't cooperate.  Changing the m/b to Air
> P6KDI makes things work instantly.  I think I am about to incinerate the

I think you should call DPT support.  The call is free, the people nice and
know their stuff.

> The wierd thing is that using the DPT freebsd boot floopy from sandero,
> it did successfully boot up the system.

Well, the quality of compilation here at Simon's Garage is world known for
its exceptional quality, craftsmanship and dedication to customer service
:-)  [ I am considering switching to marketing - much easier than actually
make things work - How am i doing with meaningless superlatives so far? ]