Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 17:31:38 +0000
From:      "Greg Rowe" <greg@uswest.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>
Cc:        am@f1.ru, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI problems?

 Don't know....All my systems report "rev 0" . Most are 2.2.5 Stable or 2.2.6.
What level are you running ???? The card has a white label on the main chip
with a revision level marked on it. The ones we have (that have the problem)
are labeled:

     AHA-2940UW
     945300-01 E

 Our vendor asked Adaptec about the problems, but all they would say is that
they made a number of changes at that revision level. What seems funny to me,
is that out of several hundred 2940's that I have, only a few are Revision E
(and they came in around December) and all the cards that are recently coming
out of the distribution channels are Revision D's.

Greg

On May 11,  1:00pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Subject: Re: SCSI problems?
> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Travis Mikalson wrote:
>
> > Greg Rowe wrote:
> > >
> > > The 2940UW is revision E (rev 1) which won't handle any kind of load with
the
> > > current Adaptec code. We're going to test the CAM code with the Revision
E's

--
Greg Rowe <greg@uswest.net>   US WEST - !NTERACT Internet Services
 "To err is human, to really foul up requires the root password."