Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:48:54 +0200
From:      andreas <laibach@theend.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Soundblaster 128 pci

Hi people. I'm having alot of trouble making my soundcard work. as the
subject stated it is a soundblaster 128 pci. I've compiled device pcm
into the kernel, and my dmesg output is

pcm0: <Creative CT5880-C> port 0xd800-0xd83f irq 10 at device 5.0 on pci0

If i cat /dev/sndstat I'll get the following output:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Jul 23 2001 04:10:15
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative CT5880-C> at io 0xd800 irq 10 (1p/1r channels duplex)

also, I've used the /dev/MAKEDEV script to create a snd0. audioapps like
xmms and mpg123 plays songs without complaining, but i get no sound. A
somewhat strange thing is that i don't have a pcm "channel" in my
mixer-settings. the only ones I have aviable are the following

Mixer rec      is currently set to  73:73
Mixer phout    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer monitor  is currently set to  82:82

Also, I'm sure that the card works, and that all the cords are plugged
in, since the card works fine in windows. Thanks for all help.