Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:44:41 +0000
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net-im/pidgin-sipe won't build

--On Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:05:03 -0500 Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com> writes:
>
>> Bueller????  Anyone????
>>
>> --On Wednesday, September 16, 2009 18:04:14 -0500 Paul Schmehl
>> <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm trying to install this port but it fails consistently with the following
>>> error.
>>>
>>> py25-cairo-1.8.8 needs Python 2.6 at least. But you specified 2.5.
>>>
>>> I ran upgrade-site-packages (per /usr/ports/UPDATING) and got this error:
>>>
>>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: graphics/py-cairo:
>>>         needs Python 2.6 at least. But you specified 2.5
>>>
>>> I uninstalled and reinstalled graphics/py-cairo, and I *still* get the
>>> error, even though py-cairo *says* it's py26.
>>>
>>>  /usr/ports/net-im/pidgin-sipe]# pkg_info -a | grep py | grep cairo
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> Information for py26-cairo-1.8.8:
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>>
>>> Where the heck is the IGNORE coming from?  It's not in /etc/make.conf.  It's
>>> not in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.
>>>
>>> Any useful advice would be appreciated.
>>>

> There's nothing obvious; I can't find the IGNORE either, although
> obviously my ports tree may not match yours exactly.  The code for the
> upgrade-site-packages target is not completely clear to me.  Do you have
> any python-related variables in make.conf?  Is there anything bogus
> looking in /usr/local/lib/python*?

I managed to resolve the problem by uninstalling python25 and running pkgdb -F
to remove all the stale, irrelevant dependencies.  Then I ran make install
-DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER and the install completed successfully.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst