Date:      22 Apr 2003 19:30:53 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fontconfig 2.2.0 on -stable

--=-PDDGsmuasIq0mNdL7Xst

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 18:06, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > This is an FAQ, and shows you're doing a UNIX no-no.  You should not
> > have '.' in root's path.  If you do want '.' in root's path, you should
> > make it the very last entry.  Chances are it's the first entry in your
> > case.
>=20
> I'll re-check the relevant FAQs.  '.' is not in my, nor root's paths, as
> verified by 'echo $PATH' before the 'make install' and/or 'portupgrade'.

Strange.  If you search the mailing list archives for the errors you're
seeing, you'll see '.' was historically the cause.  What is your $PATH
right before running make install (note, some shells may expand the
current working directory from '.' to something like
"/usr/ports/print/freetype2")?  In fact, I just did:

# cd /usr/ports/print/freetype2
# make deinstall
# set path =3D (. $path)
# make install

And reproduced your error exactly.  Removing '.' from the head for $path
fixed the problem.=20

>=20
> The real no-no was asking a freetype question here when MAINTAINER is
> someone else.  For that I apologize.  I've sent the previous mail to the
> correct MAINTAINER (sobomax) and hope he has a response.  (Other than
> having '.' in your path. :)

Maxim is on the GNOME team.  We "share" freetype2 responsibilities
sometimes since it's so tightly integrated with GNOME.

Joe

>=20
> -mrh
>=20
> --
> From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
> To: spam-catcher@adept.org
> Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
> you will be added to a blacklist!
--=20

--=-PDDGsmuasIq0mNdL7Xst

--=-PDDGsmuasIq0mNdL7Xst--