Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:42:01 +0300
From:      "Odhiambo Washington" <odhiambo@gmail.com>
To:        "Brent Clark" <brentgclarklist@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: securelevels

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know, in production envs, or anything for that matter, may I
> ask how many of you raise the securelevel.
>
> If so, to what do you raise it to.

Hi Brent,

Long time no hear! Hope you are good.

Why are you asking about this when it is so clearly documented?

Anyway, I have never raised securelevel in any of my production boxen
since I've never had reasons to. There must be reasons for it and I
believe that is what you need to find out, and also find out if your
situation warrants such actions. In most cases, I always thought
securelevel was for the paranoid only, or to create a flame war - the
folks anal about security.
Maybe securelevel should be ported to Windows? :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

 --from a /. post