Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:43:01 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syscons 8bit chars mouse paste fix

> HMMM, it can't be a moused option, as it has (and shouldn't have)
> no knowledge of whats going on on the screen.

Maybe vidcontrol option instead?
Basically I want to see them something near character set area,
maybe somewhere in font loading area?

> Also it cannot be any chars, it HAS to be in the range that the
> hardware supports the 9'th bit thingy (thats some 32 chars, I don't
> remember the actual numbers, something like 0xd0-0xef).

I know. But they can be choosed from that range.
This range matches CP437 pseudo-graphics area.

> The problem with scrnmap on cut'ed text is solvable by having a
> reverse scrnmap table..

Reverse table can be builded somewhere in load scrnmap ioctl handler.

BTW, what about having text-mode mouse pointer (colored reverse f.e.)?
It not makes any characters dead.

It will be nice to allow cut&paste even without mouse (by keyboard)
after pressing Scroll Lock.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.ru>