Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:31:53 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Nick Pavlica <linicks@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySql Load balancing Solutions?

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:46:22PM -0700, Nick Pavlica wrote:

>   MySql 4.1 has been the production release since 4.1.7 and are
> currently at the 4.1.9 release.  You could look into the seperate
> MySql Cluster product, but it is around $5k per cpu last time I
> checked.

Uh --- MySQL Cluster is a standard part of 4.1.9.  You just have to
install the mysql41-server port WITH_NDB=3Dyes, which gets you a bunch
of extra executables, mostly in /usr/local/libexec, including ndb_mgmd
and ndbd.  See: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ndbcluster.html

I set up a system using these just yesterday, and it's working like a
charm (so far...)

      Cheers,

      Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Tilmanstone
Tel: +44 1304 617253                                  Kent, CT14 0JL UK

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--