Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:16:33 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>, ports@freebsd.org, Simon Barner <barner@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: New port with maintainer ports@FreeBSD.org [was: Question about maintainers]

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:55:56PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Of course, the regime actually already is in force and
> port-submissions with ports@freebsd.org are no longer accepted.

I don't know of any port that has been rejected on this account, even
though it's what Kris and I have been pushing for.  (Committers have been
skirting the policy).  The only port that I've actively suggested shouldn't
be included was for a very specific function that FreeBSD doesn't even
support, on the grounds that it seemed unlikely that it would ever be
useful to more than one person.

mcl