Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2015 19:57:37 +0000
From:      Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UDP6 locking improvement

Hi,

based on some work I have done a few years back I have updated an UDP6 =
locking change and it=E2=80=99s at the =E2=80=9Cit compiles=E2=80=9D =
stage.  I have not re-read it yet.  I=E2=80=99ll have to split it up =
into a couple of changes for PB as it also fixes:
- some UDP-Lite bug(s)
- some control mbuf leak
- something else I forgot already

and then re-post the rest into PB as well.

The old description in p4 was like:

! MFp4 bz_ipv6_fast:
!
!   Migrate udp6_send v4mapped code to udp6_output saving us a re-lock =
and
!   further simplifying the af handling code by eliminating AF_INET =
checks
!   at the tail end of the function.
!
!   Rework output path locking similar to UDP4 allowing for better
!   parallelism (see r222488).
!
!   Cleanup early initializations, comments, =E2=80=A6
!
!   Sponsored by:       The FreeBSD Foundation
!   Sponsored by:       iXsystems

The new version is here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20150828-01-udp6-locking.diff

Anyone who wants to give it a read-through or bashing it through a pps =
framework is welcome!   I=E2=80=99ll try to do some of that hopefully =
over the weekend myself.

Bjoern=