Date:      Thu, 22 May 2014 20:39:23 +0900 (JST)
From:      SAITOU Toshihide <toshi@ruby.ocn.ne.jp>
To:        ian@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BBB MMC / SD detection instability with U-Boot 2014.04 (CPU 1GHz)

In message: <1400708280.1152.199.camel@revolution.hippie.lan>
            Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 23:42 +0900, SAITOU Toshihide wrote:
>> In message: <537B62D1.4090901@hot.ee>

>> > Don't edit am335x.dtsi
>> >
>> > And beaglebone-black.dts already has proper config.
>>
>> In this case, how does ``device sdhci'' driver know the register address?
>> I thought that there is an inconsistency in BEAGLEBONE config and
>> dts file for the SD/MMC driver.
>
> The name@address tag in the dts[i] files doesn't have to match the
> driver name in the kernel config.  What matters for matching the driver
> to the right entry in the dts is the "compatible=" property.  The
> ti_sdhci driver looks for an entry with any one of these compatible
> strings:
>
>   "ti,omap3-hsmmc", "ti,omap4-hsmmc", "ti,mmchs"

Ah! I see ti_sdhci.c has ofw_bus_is_compatible(dev, "ti,mmchs").
(Why I felt difference of eMMC detection... Hmm...)

On the other hand, u-boot's MMC/SD driver has problem when using eMMC.
Crochet has patch for this. The card detection and init problem is
exist not only for FreeBSD but also u-boot's MMC operation.

--
SAITOU Toshihide