Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:42:12 -0400
From:      George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com>
To:        freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org
Subject:   NYCBSDCon 2008

We are proud to announce the release of the speaker's presentations and
that registration is now open for NYCBSDCon 2008 at

http://www.nycbsdcon.org

NYCBSDCon 2008 will be held at Manhattan's Columbia University on
October 11 and 12 in New York City.

The speaker line-up is an impressive list of developers and systems
administrators from all the BSD projects.

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/presentations.html

We strongly encourage everyone to register as soon as possible at:

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/register.html

Early registration is $95, and includes not just the meetings, but also
breakfast and lunch for both Saturday and Sunday.  Walk-ins will be
charged $145.

With valid current identification, the Columbia University staff,
students and faculty rate is $50.  Other full-time students can also
receive this discounted rate with valid identification.

On Friday, October 10th, there will be a NetBSD developers summit.
Please contact JSchauma@ that project for additional details.

FreeBSD developers will also be gathering outside of the conference.
Please contact GNN@ that project for more details.

Friday evening, attendees will be gathering at Havanna Central at 2911
Broadway between 113th and 114th streets beginning at 7 pm.  That will
also be the location for the Saturday night social.

The BSD Certification Group will be holding BSDA exams.  There will be
general Unix review cram sessions over the course of Saturday.

There will also be a social gathering on Saturday evening at Havanna
Central at 7 pm.

Live on-site reporting of the conference happenings will be provided by
  BSDTalk's Will Blackman.

Huge thanks are due to our sponsors for keeping the conference
inexpensive and accessible.  Current sponsors include New York Internet,
DataPipe, Everest Broadband, Datagram, USENIX, iXSystems, Pearson
Education and our small business sponsors Loftmail and PC Engines.

And finally, thanks to our many media sponsors, who have provided
support and publicity for the conference, including Columbia
University's Network Security Lab, the BSD Certification Group, BSD
Magazine, New York PHP, the Industrial Technology and Assistance
Corporation and Gruppo Udenti FreeBSD Italia.  Without the assistance of
Columbia University's Angelos Keromytis and Matthew Burnside, the
conference would not be possible.

Any conference profits will be donated to the BSD projects, as done in
years past.