Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 1995 19:47:08 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs fails to remove no-longer-present files

>`cvs update' and `cvs co' didn't do anything for the large batch of
>removed games/x11 and etc/etc.i386 files.  I moved the directories
>out of the way.  Then `cvs co' worked right.

   You used "cvs update -Pd"? Works for me:

cvs update: x11/Makefile is no longer in the repository
cvs update: x11/xneko/Makefile is no longer in the repository
cvs update: x11/xneko/xneko.6 is no longer in the repository
cvs update: x11/xneko/xneko.c is no longer in the repository
cvs update: x11/xneko/bitmaps/awake.xbm is no longer in the repository

-DG