Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:12:32 -0800
From:      Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetching email from multidrop mailbox

Hi,

Can anybody help me a little with my email server setup ? I'm on a DSL
line, and is setting up my own little FreeBSD natd box / server that I
would like to use it to distribute my soekris.dk email. I have my domain
hosted at an ISP, and have one of the multidrop pop3 mailboxes.

I'm now trying to use the fetchmail/sendmail/cucipop combination, and it
works fine new except for the handling of mail from a couple of mailing
lists, incl the FreeBSD mailing lists. I looks like that fetchmail have
trouble locating any recipients, so all the mailing list email is just
being delivered to root on my FreeBSD server.

I'm running 3.1-RELEASE, fetchmail 4.7.0, sendmail 8.9.2, cucipop 1.3.1.

Until now I have been using a program called vpop3 on my win95 machine,
and that has worked perfectly, without any problem sorting mailing
lists, so there should be information enough in the email headers.

Is there any settings I have missed ? (I have been reading the manuals
and FAQ....)

Is there any better program to fetch and sort the email ?

Best Regards,

Soren

This is how me .fetchmailrc looks like:

set daemon 300  # Poll at 5-minute intervals

# get mail from soekris.dk

poll soekris.dk no dns localdomains soekris.com soekris.dk alameda.net
        protocol pop3
        username soekris
        password ********
        is soekris=soren * here