Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:33:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        oogali@intranova.net (Omachonu Ogali)
Cc:        dwilde1@thuntek.net, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, matt@BabCom.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible idea to raise funds.

If you think you can actually sell accounts, go for it.  All this
requires from freebsd.org is a single host delegation.

I suspect that if you (or anyone) is willing to donate servers,
bandwidth, sysadmin time, and whatnot to this effort, or if you can
convince someone else to donate all this for this effort, you can
swing the host delegation.  If the folks up at WC had the hardware and
time to spare for this, FreeBSD would be in considerably better shape
than it is.

With the preponderance of free email services nowadays, though, this
seems rather redundant.  I have more shell accounts than I know what
to do with; most people who want one can get one.

IMHO, a volunteer sysadmin's time would be better spent doing
pre-release testing.  As far as donated bandwidth and whatnot goes; if
you have that to spare, contact freebsd.org and ask what they need
most badly.

I prefer to donate my $ to FreeBSD by subscribing to -stable and
-current on CD.  Similarly, I hope to write enough articles to one day
be offered md5@freebsd.org as a reward for my efforts.  (Either that,
or a video clip of Jordan falling off the chair he jumps up and down
on.)

==ml