Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:01:06 +0300
From:      "Ivan B. Serezhkin" <ivan@serezhkin.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   generalized driver for acpi all devices.

Hello.

I now writing device driver for fujitsu siemens notebook hotkeys FUJ02E3,
and think, that before understanding how this device works a must write
driver,
that provide all acpi methods to sysctl and all event to log. I'v done
it, but can't
understand how this device is working =)

I think that it must be musch easy if i already has some ways to call
acpi methods
and intercept events from userspace by commandline. Now i write driver,
that gains,
device and methods to provide in sysctl, from kenv, but in some devices
this tunablie is too long.

Please, explain, how can i access real acpi code from kernel and how can
i found devices and methods to provide it ?
Also, redirect to good documentation is what i want =)

Also, i think to use /dev/acpi as a commandline interface, now there
only sysctl acces, i want add some command language to it
something like
call _SB_.PCI0.LPCB.FEXT.SIRB(1)
0x0
alias _SB_.PCI0.LPCB.FJEX FJEX
ok
call FJEX.GHKS()
0x0

is this good ? or we must use some other mechanism ?

But now i have not enough experience for this =) but i'll try it =)

--
Ivan B. Serezhkin
Spamooborona, Yandex. http://so.yandex.ru/