Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:49:09 +0000
From:      Joao Assad <jfassad@domain.com.br>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   off-topic : optic fiber problem

Hello all!

Im having some problems here trying to connect two  networks with an
optic fiber cable...
Its a very simple connection....  I have a 400ft optic cable with 1
100-BaseFX to 100-BaseTX
trasceiver in each end. then I connect 1 computer in each transceiver
and try to send some data...
now, whats happening is that little packets go through just fine but
when I try to send big
packets (like 4kb) I have over 25% packet loss... I'have tryed to send a
10mb file through
FTP and ended up with 6kb/sec.

any idea about what might be causing that ?

thanks a lot.

--