Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:21:25 -0400
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Lars. Tunkrans" <lars.tunkrans@bredband.net>
Cc:        rax-rax@yandex.ru, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: video card for amd64

In <45352B85.7030907@bredband.net>, Lars. Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans@bredband.net> typed:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
> > For what purrpose?
> >
> > ATI, unlike NVidia, supports open source OS's properly, by releasing
> > docs and/or driver source for their cards.
> I do have a Acer ferrari  Athlon 64 Laptop   with Radeon 9600  and would
> love  to get  3D  support on a NON-LINUX
> opensource  OS.

That's why the *first* part of my response (I put it back after you
elided it) is important! I don't do 3d stuff on my desktop, so I don't
need it, and don't know much about it.

A quick "man -k radeon" on my 6-STABLE system turns up the radeon(4x)
page, which claims to support hardware 3d acceleration on several
varieties of the Radeon 9600. This is part of the xorg port.

	<mike