Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2011 20:44:29 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a DockStar - doesn't mount root

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:56:11 +0100
Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl> wrote:

> From these dmesg lines you posted in your first mail it looked that is too
> short time for kernel to recognize the usb device. I had similar problems on
> mips RS/RSPRO boards and had to use small patch to make the delay longer. I
> admit that I didn't know of kern.cam.boot_delay that time and haven't tried it

FWIW, I have now tried with kern.cam.boot_delay=10000
in /boot/loader.conf (I also tried the value 20000), but it doesn't
boot still.
The only difference is that when I enter '?' and press "enter" at the
mountroot prompt, the cursor moves to the left on the same line (ie. no
line feed), and the nothing more happens.
--
Torfinn