Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:38:32 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: dhclient less functional with nanobsd because of NO_CXX

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:13:43PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Well, actually, it's a granularity issue in the src/sbin/Makefile and its
> conditional handling of devd based on NO_CXX without taking into account
> whether we're building or installing.  Hence my comments about needing to
> provide some make infrastructure, since devd isn't the only component that
> falls into precisely this pit:
>
>   SUBDIR= adjkerntz \
>           ${_devd} \
>
>   .if !defined(NO_CXX)
>   _devd=          devd
>   .endif

We should change this to test for the existance of the built devd vs.
using the NO_CXX knob when the target is "install".  If we built a 'devd'
during 'make buildworld' then we should install it.

What we need is for NO_CXX to gain a little logic - if set during a build
target, don't build binaries written in C++.  If set during an install
target, don't install any C++ toolchain bits and have no farther meaning.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)