Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:42:22 -0500
From:      "WholesaleHosting.com" <admin@wholesalehosting.com>
To:        FreeBSD-ISP <FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Initial Install

I've installed freebsd 3.1 on two other machines with virtually no
problems. I don't really understand yet how much works..
Upon installing it on my last computer, an IBM Aptiva, I find myself unable
to even get thru the install.
I boot from .flp disks and config kernal to resolve conflicts, then
install.. then ports.. then reboot...  I never get past the reboot
because it freezes up while scroling the stuff it scrolls when you boot.

The last thing i see is
 plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus 0
and.. freeze... I have to reboot with the /flp disc's and re install...
only to have to start all over 45 minutes later for the same reasons.

Mhouser
Sorry of this was the wrong domo to mail to -  its the only one  I could
remember.

Mhouser
mhouser@wholesalehosting.com