Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:08:30 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Rickie Kerndt <kerndtr@kerndt.com>
Subject:   Re: mhonarc deprecated use of defined()

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:57 AM, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org> wrote:
> On 2012-Jan-17 14:16:56 -0800, Rickie Kerndt <kerndtr@kerndt.com> wrote:
>>Mhonarc when run with perl 10.14.2 complains about its deprecated use of
>>defined(%a_hash). I've replaced these defined() where used (not many) as
>>shown in the attached patch files. Is there any interest in updating the
>>mhonarc port to fix this issue?
>
> "MAINTAINER=ports@FreeBSD.org" means no-one is maintaining that port.
> If you are interested in maintaining it, I suggest you submit a PR
> containing those patches and changing the maintainer to yourself.

And, even if you are not willing to take on maintainership of the
port, please submit this as a ports PR so it will not get lost and
someone in the portsmgr group may get it committed when time is
available. Still, if you are at all open to maintaining the port,
please try taking over as maintainer. (If nothing else, updates from
maintainers who are not commiters happen MUCH more quickly.)

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com