Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2014 07:25:40 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   answering questions spilled out from gmake processes

Hello,

I have a huge gmake process to compile a lot of OpenSource tools, mostly
Perl modules etc. All this is driven by a master Makefile. Some of the
make processes are asking questions which I do not have under my control and
would require to change the fetched source trees, for example:

Test for foo failed, do you want to continue (y/n):

These questions forbit to run this with nohup in background or
unattendend. I was thinking to use chat(1) or any other own written tool
and run the proc in an xterm like:

chat < Xterm.log | gmake

were Xterm.log is the log of the X-terminal and chat is reading the
question there '...want to continue (y/n)' and sends the correct answer.

Any other idea?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail