Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:53:27 -0700
From:      Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>
To:        "Jim McGrath" <jimmcgra@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>, "Luigi Rizzo" <rizzo@icir.org>, "Lars Eggert" <larse@ISI.EDU>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ENOBUFS

--==_Exmh_128925830P

> =

> > Where could I get the errata sheet?
> =

> Product Specification Updates i.e. errata, and the Product Specificatio=
> itself are available from Intel under a Non Disclosure Agreement.  Unle=
ss
> you work for a company that is doing business with Intel, they are prob=
ably
> not obtainable.
> >
> > Could the numbers be packet thresholds? 28 and 128 packets respective=
ly?

> I can't answer that directly because of NDA.  Let us apply some logic h=
ere.
> If they were packet counts, under very low load conditions e.g. a singl=
> telnet session, the telnet link would be unusable.  This leads us to th=
> conclusion that they must be time values.

Based on the source code for the sk driver (look for "interrupt =

moderation" in if_sk.c) I would suspect that those values represent =

time in microseconds.  My guess (based on no privileged information =

whatsoever) is that if we've not interrupted in <timeout> =

microseconds and we have something to send (or we've received =

something) go ahead and raise an interrupt.....

Just a guess.  I'm perfectly willing to be wrong about this....

		--eli

--==_Exmh_128925830P

--==_Exmh_128925830P--