Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 23:03:31 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internat ?

Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> > Ah - sup! My logs showed no-one used it anymore(?). If you _really_
> > need it back, give me a yell, otherwise please see if you could
> > make a move to CVSup or CTM. SUP is a horribly wasteful protocol,
> > and it needs to die.
>
> Well, I know. I just thought for ebones and secure it wouldn't
> count since they don't change that often and are not so voluminous.

This is where it is quite a pain - the sources aren't that large in
themselves, but I have to keep several copies of things: current,
stable, 2.foo, 2.bar....

... and when things change, we all ave to play "catch up". With SUP,
that is a real PITA. CVSup is a _dream_ to manage by comparison.
(Thanks JDP!)

> OK, I'll switch to cvsup.

Thanks! Gimme a shout if you have any hassles...

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE